Font size
Line height
Other options

Collections, Research and Building Heritage

Counseling the Owner of an Old Country House

To wisely restore a dignified old country house, it is worth asking a heritage specialist for advice before starting construction work. You can find and order a professional counselor on the website of the Centre of Rural Architecture

The counselor explains the condition of the building and its structures, identifies problem areas, and makes recommendations on the scope and order of work required. In addition to the oral consultation, the counselor will also prepare a written report.

On the same website, you will find master builders or restorers operating in different regions of Estonia to help with the restoration of the house.

The counseling service is provided only for buildings built before the year 1945.


See more on the website

Northern Estonia
Western Estonia
Southern Estonia