Conservation and Digitization Centre Kanut
Conservation and Digitization Centre Kanut is – like the name says – a competence centre of conservation, restoration and digitising. We provide services related to the objects with cultural value both for individuals and museums as well as other memory institutions.
- we examine the object to confirm the state of it and to find the cause of the damage;
- we develop methods for conservation;
- we perform the conservation and restoration work;
- we digitise objects with cultural value, including for making reproductions;
- we provide expert evaluations;
- we organize conferences and seminars;
- we compile professional standards for conservators and give exams;
- we provide heritage protection of cultural monuments;
- we publish a magazine “Renovatum Anno…” and other professional materials.
Our department of knowledge in which we can help: paintings, furniture and wooden objects, metal, paper, textile, bindings and leather, ceramics, glass and rock.